Oyster Obsession started one year ago with a commitment to sharing an oyster recipe every day, and helping home cooks enjoy this delicious, sustainable seafood with confidence. That first recipe, Drago’s Charbroiled Oysters, got six likes (of course, the Oyster Obsession Facebook group only had 57 members that week). Since then, there have been posts with thousands of likes!
Thanks to you, we’re now the largest community of oyster lovers in the world and there are more than 365 oyster recipes indexed on Oyster-Obsession.com. So how do you start exploring so many oyster dishes? With the most popular!
Your 25 Favorite Oyster Recipes (So Far)
It’s nearly impossible to choose a favorite, so this list is based on Facebook engagement (your likes, comments and shares).
- Crawfish and Oyster Boudin (Chef Nathan Richard, February 2016)
- Emeril’s Oyster Artichoke Soup (November had the most recipes in the top 25. I thought it was all about Thanksgiving planning, but this soup recipe from Emeril beat out all of the dressings and stuffings! November 2015)
- Stir Fried Oysters with Garlic Sauce (Food.com, November 2015)
- Shrimp and Oyster Perloo (Saveur, November 2015)
- Linguine with Garlicky Fried Oysters (This recipe from March 2016 brings together two of your favorite categories: fried oyster recipes and oyster pasta recipes.)
- Chargrilled Oysters Topped with Artichoke Cream (Susan Benton at 30A Eats shared this yummy recipe from the best oyster recipe in Alabama contest. August 2015)
- Lucy Buffet’s Oyster Dressing (New York Times, November 2015)
- Miniature Oyster Patties (Raised on a Roux, November 2015)
- Tabasco Lime Buttered Oysters (Winslow’s Tavern, September 2015)
- Classic Creamy Oyster Stew (Lynne Rossetto Kasper and The Splendid Table, October 2015)
- Tequila Oyster Shooters (Your amazing response to this recipe in September 2015 encouraged me to make our first video series all about oyster shooters!)
- Oyster Stuffing Cakes (Chef Peter Woods at Merroir, October 2015)
- Firecracker Oysters (The Original Oyster House, August 2015)
- Andouille Crusted Oysters (Emeril Lagasse, March 2016)
- Chargrilled Oysters (Kevin Lynch at Closet Cooking, September 2015)
- Oysters with Avocado and Chile Cream (Curtis Stone, November 2015)
- Creamed Oysters and Leeks on Toast (Susan Spicer, December 2015)
- Key Lime Garlic Oysters (Go Go Go Gourmet, June 2016)
- Oyster Casserole (The Bitten Word, November 2015)
- Andouille, Crab and Oyster Gumbo (This recipe from Andrew Zimmern was the earliest to make the top 25. August 20, 2015)
- Fried Oyster Salad with Apple and Almond Brittle (A Spicy Perspective, August 2015)
- Crispy Fried Oysters with MoPho Mayo (Chef Michael Gulotta, November 2015)
- Cucumber Mint Oyster Shots (Oyster Obsession, April 2016)
- Creamed Spinach Oyster Stuffing (Rachael Ray, November 2015)
- Smoked Oyster Spread (Food Renegade, September 2015)
Did your favorite oyster recipes make the list? If not, please let us know what they are in the comments!
July 15 2016