Your Oyster Recipe of the Day: Drago’s Oyster Pasta. Our love of Drago’s charbroiled oysters is well established. It’s one of the most popular recipes featured on Oyster Obsession. But what about Drago’s poached oysters with Alfredo and Bordelaise sauce on angel hair pasta? This adaptation from Louisiana Seafood starts with jarred Alfredo sauce, so it’s easy enough for a weeknight dinner.
The linked recipe serves 12. Below, I’ve adapted it to serve 4 (just in case you don’t want to start with a gallon of oysters). Use the Drago’s recipe when you’re at home, but when you’re near New Orleans, you MUST check out the real thing.
Drago’s Oyster Pasta (4 Servings)
- 2 pints shucked Louisiana oysters, in their liquor
- ½ cup whole garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- ¾ cups olive oil blend (75% canola and 25% Italian olive oil)
- ½ cup parsley, cleaned, trimmed, and finely chopped
- 22-ounce jar of your favorite Alfredo sauce
- 12 ounce package of angel hair pasta, cooked
- Salt, to taste
- Parboil the oysters in their own liquor until they start to curl on the ends. Do not overcook the oysters. Drain and discard oyster water.
- Combine chopped garlic and olive oil together in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley to bowl with garlic and olive oil. Mix all 3 ingredients well to form a Bordelaise sauce.
- Warm the Alfredo sauce and add the Bordelaise sauce and oysters. Serve over cooked pasta and enjoy.
Don’t miss the recipe for Drago’s Charbroiled Oysters and behind the scenes photos from Drago’s Metarie, Louisiana location.