Your Oyster Recipe of the Day: Spicy Grilled Tequila Oysters.
Fire up the grill and get ready for some yummy oysters! Linkie Marais grills oysters topped with a spicy chipotle, lime, garlic, and red onion compound butter. When she takes them off the heat, she gives each a splash of tequila and chopped cilantro.
Spicy Grilled Tequila Oysters (one dozen)
- 12 oysters
- 3-4 teaspoons tequila
- 6 tablespoons butter (room temp)
- 2-3 teaspoons canned chipotle (chopped with seeds)
- 1 tablespoon red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (finely chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges
- Not including the oysters and tequila, combine the rest of the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Using a fork, mash the ingredients together until mixed well.
- Spoon butter mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap. Roll the wrap into a log and then chill the butter for about 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to approx. 450 F.
- Cut the butter log into thin coins.
- Shuck oysters without spilling too much of the liquid.
- Place oysters on the grill and cook for 2 minutes or until they start to bubble slightly.
- Place a butter coin on each of the oysters, then cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the oysters are bubbling.
- Remove oysters from the grill and spoon ¼ teaspoon tequila over each oyster and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Recipe by Linkie Marais
More Grilled Oysters
- Grilled Oysters with Cajun Compound Butter
- Grilled Oysters with Smoked Sausage Slaw
- Easiest Grilled Oysters. Ever.
- Char-Grilled Oysters with Aged Country Ham
Find dozens more grilled oyster recipes, toppings and cooking tips from your favorite magazines, chefs, cookbooks, and food blogs right here on Oyster Obsession.